Crystal Light - Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the guild CrystalLight on Tanda (Rappelz).

After 'The Wire,' Taking On New Orleans In 'Treme'

ivyivy

After 'The Wire,' Taking On New Orleans In 'Treme' Empty After 'The Wire,' Taking On New Orleans In 'Treme'

Post  ivyivy Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:06 am

David Simon and Eric The Two and a half men DVD is very good.. if you Charmed DVD want to buy one tree hill dvd it is a good prison break dvd place to buy it The L Word dvd on our website.Overmyer met when they worked as writers on the show Homicide: Life on the Streets. The two men teamed up again for The Wire, Simon's critically-acclaimed HBO series set on the streets of Baltimore. Now Simon and Overmyer have set their cameras on post-Katrina New Orleans, where they have written and produced a new HBO series, Treme.

Unlike The Wire, Treme is not about drugs or rampant corruption among city officials. Instead, the series follows ordinary New Orleans citizens as they attempt to rebuild their lives following Hurricane Katrina. Overmyer tells Our items are Supernatural DVD very good Lost dvds it is a good choice for you Walt Disney 100 Years Of Magic (164 Discs) for e example the Doctor Who dvds and Criminal Minds dvdTerry Gross that the decision to leave the grittiness behind in Baltimore was a conscious choice.

"We spent almost a decade working on The Wire," Overmyer says. "In New Orleans, there's a different story here to tell and we're very intent on that. There are some things that may echo in terms of our production logic, or how we approach doing a show, but it's really a very different story."

Treme's cast of characters includes musicians, chefs and Mardi Gras Indians — all of whom are struggling to rebuild their homes andLa Femme Nikita DVDs all are good items Dexter dvd season,welcome you come to our website to have a look.if you are a tv fan. Then it is a good news for you, bencanse you can see many
    Glee series dvd tv shous on our website.
    Dollhouse seasons dvd this tv show is just one of them,
    JAG dvd collection next I will introduce more and more tv shows for you ,for example, the
    lives in the aftermath of the hurricane. Two of the characters, Antoine Batiste — a trombonist down on his luck — and Albert Lambreaux, the Mardi Gras Indian chief, are played by veterans of The Wire, Wendell Pierce and Clarke Peters. Simon explains why he recast the two actors in Treme:

"Wendell's family actually lost their home in Ponchartrain Park — in that neighborhood — and he's a native of New Orleans. I think if Eric and I had tried to do this show without Wendell he would have hunted us down. It's just as simple as that," he explains. "And Clarke is a song and dance man with a lot of experience on the London stage ... I saw him do Chicago and Porgy in London. That's the stuff he was never able to do — we didn't really find a use for that stuff in The Wire. He was never able to break into songHomicide: Life on the Street dvd box set and the
    Rome dvd box set are very good tv shows , I hope you can get more and more tv shows from our help.Get Smart series dvd is a also a good tv serise. Hope you can get more and more fun from our website.www.dvdsetcollection.com. we are waiting for you visit. Thank you for your
    in the squad room. We knew that that was there."

Simon says that the idea for a drama set in New Orleans came to him long before Hurricane Katrina.

"Eric and I, going back to the time when we worked on Homicide:Life on the Streets together, we talked about [a show set in New Orleans] as being a fantastical notion: one that we liked to imagine ourselves undertaking. ... We used to talk about, 'Well, we should do it,' but then it would always dissolve when we would try to imagine trying to go into some network executive's office in Los Angeles and trying to explain New Orleans."

Katrina, which flooded 80 percent of the cityThe Vampire Diaries series dvd tv show is very good and displaced thousands, exposed the entire country to New Orleans.

"Katrina gave us a way to frame the show ... after the storm, [and] it gave us a way to frame just the notion of just ordinary people rebuilding their lives in the city — and the city struggling to come back," Overmyer says.

Simon agrees. "And tactically you could walk into someone's office in Los Angeles and say 'There's a drama there now.'"

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:24 am