Crystal Light - Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the guild CrystalLight on Tanda (Rappelz).

The Simpsons: The Complete Twentieth Season

ivyivy

The Simpsons: The Complete Twentieth Season Empty The Simpsons: The Complete Twentieth Season

Post  ivyivy Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:52 am

The Simpsons is disney dvd collectionthe greatest television show in the history of the medium. This is not an opinion. It is a provable fact, just like saying Jupiter is the biggest planet the simpsons dvd box set in our solar system. You might disagree. If you did, I would listen to your counter-argument for what you consider to be the greatest show in TV history, then patiently but firmly explain South park dvd box setto you why youfamily guy dvd box set are 100% wrong.

Yeah yeah, I've disney dvd collectionheard plenty disney dvd box setof faiNaruto complete series dvd box setr weathermarried with children dvd box set fans whine that the show isn't funny anymore, which simply isn't true.American dad dvd Any given episode of The Simpsons is markedly superior to the simpsons dvd most other comedies on the air.
    At this point, the jaded fan will then usually reply, "Well, it's definitely not as good as it used to be."the office dvd box set No, sometimes it is. Now if you say it's not as consistent as it used to be, that I'll agree with. The golden age of The Simpsons included seasons where virtually every episode was a classic. But runs like that are rare. I defy you to name any other series that went for more than a year without a single clunker. No, The Simpsons isn't hitting grand slam home runsSouth park dvd collection on a weekly basis anymore. But considering that the show has been on the air now the simpsons dvd box set for two decades and they're still able todisney dvd occasionally knock one out of the park and show everybody else how it's done is nothing short of astonishing. Think about that for a second. There are disney dvd collectionnow people in college who literally cannot imagine a time before The Simpsons. It's been around since before they were born. And if that doesn't mSouth park dvd box setake you feel old,family guy dvd box set nothing will.

Admittedly, the show has beenSouth park dvd collection through some rough patches. Recent years have been too reliant on flashback episodesdisney dvd box set, flash-forward episodes and Simpsonized versions of other stories. Season 20 isn't immuneeverybody loves Raymond dvd box set from this but by and large, it's one of the better seasons in quite some time. Highlights include one of the best Treehouse of Horror segments of all American dad dvdtime: It's The Grand Pumpkin, Millhouse, a spot-on parody/homage of the classic Charlie Brown special. No Loan Again, Naturally also holds its own with the series' best. When the Simpsons' house is foreclosed, Flanders steps in and buys it at auction. He rents it back to the family, whothe office dvd box set immediately take advantage of the new tenant/landlord situation to get the place repaired. The season has plenty of hit-or-miss episodes as well, but even they boast some memorable moments like Jodie Foster as the voice of Maggie indisney dvd an Ayn Rand-inspired segment of Four Great Women And A Manicure.

Now there's been some speculation about why Fox would hit the next-chapter button on The Simpsonsdisney dvd collection DVD releases,Naruto complete series dvd box set skipping from the 12th to the 20th season. Part of it probably has to do with married with children dvd box setcapitalizing on the anniversary but I have another theory. For years,how i met your mother series dvd Fox has been releasing The Simpsons season by season at roughly afamily guy dvd box set snail's pace. If we get two the simpsons dvd sets per year, we consider ourselves lucky. But nobody's really complained too much because the releases have been so good. Season One was released way back ineverybody loves Raymond dvd box set 2001 and really set the standard for how to do TVD right. The production staff of the show is very involved with the sets,the simpsons dvd box set packing them full of commentaries, deleted scenes, animatics, and much, much more. But to do it right takes time and they've also been busy producing new episodes and making The Simpsons Movie inSouth park dvd collection the interim.

Now factor Blu-ray into disney dvd collectionthe equation. Season 20 was the year that The Simpsons started to be produced in highdisney dvd box set-definition. The first nine episodes were done in the old style but with Take My Life,American dad dvd Please, the show upgraded, changing its opening titles for the first time in years. (Bart's chalkboard gag for this episode is one of mySouth park dvd box set favorites: disney dvd collection"HDTV is worth every cent.") This means that this is the first season that's all ready to go on Blu-ray without a lot of expensive restoration and conversion.that 70s show dvd box set If Fox continued to release The Simpsons consecutively at the rate they've been going, we'd be looking at this showing up sometime around 2013 at the very disney dvdearliest, probably more like 2015. Technology changes quickly, so who knows if Blu-ray will even be around then? Rather thanNaruto complete series dvd box set run the risk of losing the opportunity to release the title on a new format, doesn't it make South park dvd collectionsensedisney dvd collection to just skip ahead and put it out now?

Yes and no. On the plus side, disney dvd box setthese episodes look and sound everybody loves Raymond dvd box setterrific. The first disc includes the nine standard episodes, up-converted to a pretty decent looking 1080p. They aren't the best things you'll see on BD by a long shot. It's not bad, just kind of blah. DiscCurb your enthusiasm series dvd Two has the HD episodes and they're considerably more impressive. Not a flawless presentation but it's vibrant and solid throughout. The DTS-HD Master Audio sound is consistent throughout both discs.the simpsons dvd It's not exactly lively but it's fairly robust, especially when music kicks in. I particularly enjoyed hearing Eddy Grant's "Electric Avenue" in the episode Sex, Pies And Idiot Scrapes.

Here's the bad news.South park dvd collection This is not one of those wonderful, extras-packed sets that we're used to. The only bonus feature on here, if you can even call it that, is a three-and-a-half minute promo piece how i met your mother series dvdfor Morgan Spurlock's 20th Anniversary Special. That's right. You get an extended commercial for a special that aired two days BEFORE this was even released. So even if it makes you want to watch the show, tough luck. The disney dvd collectionpiece includes glimpses of material that didn't make it to the special, so I smell a "director's cut" release coming down the pike, which is even more annoying since it shoulddisney dvd box set just be a bonus feature ondisney dvd the Season 21 set.

Apart from the picture that 70s show dvd box setand sound quality, everything about this Blu-ray is sub-par, especially considering what we've come to expect from The Simpsons on disc. Even the menus look South park dvd collectionugly and tossed-off. My guess is that Fox didn't give Matt Groening, Al Jean and disney dvd collectionthe rest of

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:40 am