Crystal Light - Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the guild CrystalLight on Tanda (Rappelz).

As 'Lost' nears end of mystical, maddening 6 seasons, can fans escape island?

ivyivy

As 'Lost' nears end of mystical, maddening 6 seasons, can fans escape island? Empty As 'Lost' nears end of mystical, maddening 6 seasons, can fans escape island?

Post  ivyivy Thu May 13, 2010 8:55 am

NEW YORK, N.Y. — As aBrothers And Sisters complete dvds "Lost" fan, I'm well-versed in its many clashing versionsBrothers And Sisters seasons of reality.

Now the end of "Lost" is near, with itsBrothers And Sisters dvd box set two and one-half hour finale airing May 23 at 9 p.m.Brothers And Sisters dvds EDT on ABC following a two-hour retrospective. But even with that hefty end in sight, I have no difficulty picturing an alternate universe where "Lost"Brothers And Sisters dvd box set not only isn't ending, Brothers And Sisters dvd seasonsbut instead never existed in the first place.

Of course, a TVUgly Betty dvd season universe that had never known "Lost" would be incalculably duller.

It would be a universe whereUgly Betty seasons viewers had never been transported, dazzled, heart-tugged, challenged, teased and exasperated at Ugly Betty dvdanywhere approaching the level "Lost" has staked out. This would be a TV universe untouched by the sprawling ambition of the "Lost" creative team and the generous pocketbook and patience Ugly Betty dvdsof ABC, which (bucking every taboo of broadcast TV) has let the series roam wherever its outrageous,Ugly Betty dvd box set epic vision carried it.

Nearly six years after "Lost" arrived on the Ugly Betty complete dvdscene, I'm not counting on another series its equal in scope, majesty and longevity. I'm not Ugly Betty dvdholding my breath for another show so unapologetic in how it zigs when the viewer is expecting it to zag, Mash dvd season then zigs and zags a few more ways — maybe simultaneously.

Consider: SeveralMash dvd collection of the castawaysMash dvds marooned Mash dvd box seton that island in the middle of nowhere eventually gained rescue and returned to the "normal" Mash dvd serisesworld they came from. Then they scooted right back to the island again! The island isn't done with them, Mash box set they're always saying. Or they aren't done with the island. Except for the ones who want to leavebuy Mash dvds it again. But none of Doctor Who dvds them can leave it alone.

That goes double for "Lost" viewers.

In an alternate universe where no one ever Doctor Who dvd box set heard of "Lost," what would people do with all that time they didn't spend immersed in "Lost" lore and theories Doctor Who dvd series? What would they have found to investigate and argue about otherwise? Sports, Doctor Who dvd collection politics, religion Doctor Who dvd box set — how elementary without "Lost" factored in!

Lately, everybody's psyched by the Doctor Who collection emergence of 3-D television. But "Lost," from its start in fall 2004, was destined to leapfrog from TV's traditional flat surface into multiple dimensions of time and space. Flashbacks! Flash-forwards! Parallel narratives! Sideways, too! "Lost" has always surpassed 3-D, and without thoseCOLD CASE dvd season funny glasses.

The pilot episodeCOLD CASE on dvd put us on notice. Doctor Who dvd seasons Its opening sceneCOLD CASE tv showedCOLD CASE dvd series a bloodied young man (Matthew Fox) regaining consciousness in a bamboo groveThe Simpsons dvds , then stumbling to the nearby beach to find a ghastly spectacle: pieces of an aircraft strewn acrossThe Simpsons dvd box set the sand with his fellow passengers injured or dying. This was Oceanic Airlines flight 815 from SydneyThe Simpsons dvd, which crashed for noThe Simpsons dvd collection clear reason enCOLD CASE dvd box set route to Los Angeles.

From that hauntingCOLD CASE two-hour premiereThe Simpsons dvd series (which ABC will re-air May 22 at 8 p.m. EDT),COLD CASE dvd "Lost" has never loosened its grip.

It has continued toThe Simpsons dvd seasons be gorgeous cinematically, from its lush Hawaii locations to its meticulous-in-every-detail art direction. The musical score is The Simpsons box setevocative and stirring.

Dozens of the characters will stick married with children dvdwith fans for good, along with the actors who played them. The aforementioned Fox, plus Evangeline Lily, married with children dvdsTerry O'Quinn and Michael EmersonTwo and a Half Men dvd series spring instantly to mind, just for starters. Other actors notmarried with children dvd collection nearly so accomplished — like dimpled hunk Josh Holloway, whose skill set is limited to married with children dvd seasonscockiness and snarling — are also lodged forever in mymarried with children dvd box set mind.

Speaking of unforgettable,las vegas dvd collection I marvel atmarried with children box set the nearly countless cultural references the show has drilled into my brain. The eerie numbered Two and a Half Men seasons dvd sequence married with children dvd series (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42). Smokey. The Others. The Dharma Initiative. The hatch. las vegas dvd series"Dude!" Polar bearslas vegas dvd. Fish biscuits. las vegas dvd collectionThe frozen donkey wheel. And on and on.

MeanwhileTwo and a Half Men dvds
    , I bow to theTwo and a Half Men dvd box set show's ever-thickening deposits of mythology. Its hairpin, sometimes preposterous plot twists. Information fiendishly withheld or kept in crazy-making flux. The circular, oblique dialogue. Putting it simply, nothing haslas vegas dvd seasons ever been simple on "Lost."

"Lost" is a trippy serial whose barrier to entry las vegas dvd setgrew increasingly steep, if not insurmountable, once it got rolling. Regular attendance was required to keep up, with many viewers making tracks to blogs, online communities and Google after every episode to dig deeper into what they had witnessed. Or just get a clue.

Dealing with good vs.Two and a Half Men evil, light vsTwo and a Half Men dvd . dark, faith vs. reason (and whatever else the powers-that-be thought up), "Lost" has bred an unprecedented brand of TV wonkishness.

In February, a PaleyFest2010 event in Los las vegas box setAngeles gathered executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, along with cast members,las vegas seasons directors and writers. The panel discussion was dense, with granular allusions and overarching speculation, las vegas dvdsthanks especially to theLost dvds audience's Lost collectionesoteric questions.

Despite my status as a viewer who hasLost dvd seen nearly every "Lost" episode, I was often scratching my head through the session.

WatchingbuffyThe vampire slayer dvd 1 7 "Lost," I'm often scratching myLost dvd seasons head.

But what about this season, which presumably isLost box set pushing toward a satisfying finish?

Toward that end,buffyThe vampire slayer all season far-flung scenes have placed theLost seasons characters in alternate situations illustrating what might have happened had the plane not crashed. And, yes, along with these what-ifs, viewers have been treated to pieces of the puzzle. Still, it wouldn't be hard to argue that this every-which-way storytelling scheme hasThe Sopranos dvd made theThe Sopranos dvds saga more scattered byThe Sopranos dvd seasons the hour.

Like buffy complete box set dvd the lady said on thisThe Sopranos complete dvd week's episode,Lost complete colletion "Every question I answer will simply lead to another question." I confess: Lately my hopes for full "Lost"The Sopranos collection enlightenment have ruptured and sunk like Widmore's submarine last week.

But so BuffyThe Vampire Slayer dvd box set what? What if Buffy dvds "Lost" goes out The Sopranos dvd box set the way it came — trailing unresolved questions and refusing to make sense? What does "making sense"The Sopranos dvd seasons mean, anyway, in the world that "Lost" occupies?

With the BuffyThe Vampire Slayer end of "Lost," will theBuffyThe Vampire Slayer dvds island finally beBones DVD Season done with all those characters? And with the audience? I'm bracing for the verdict to be "no, not exactly." But I'll live with it. "Lost" has taken TV to a new and magic realm. That matters most. HoweverBones DVD things turn out,Bones DVD Box Set I'll always be glad NCIS season 7 to have lived in the world "LostNCIS Complete seasons dvd found.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:43 pm