Crystal Light - Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the guild CrystalLight on Tanda (Rappelz).

HBO: We Salute You

ivyivy

HBO: We Salute You Empty HBO: We Salute You

Post  ivyivy Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:45 am

On Monday night, British television COLD CASE dvd box setviewers with a Sky Movies subscription (and I suspectCOLD CASE on dvd thousands more with a reasonable internet connection) will be treated to the first two episodes of HBOs latest stunning mini-series The Pacific. We have already offered COLD CASE tv up a preview article, and reviews of the first two hours, and it looksCOLD CASE dvd season as though COLD CASE dvd series HBO have anotherTwo and a Half Men season dvd Band of Brothers cheap Two and a Half Men dvd style mega-hitBuffy The Vampire Slayer dvds on their hands.

But what is it Two and a Half Men dvd series that makes HBOTwo and a Half Men dvd so ridiculously good at making TV Two and a Half Men dvds shows? I was recently in my new local HMV store trying not to spend Two and a Half Men seasons dvd too much when I came across a display of HBO series Two and a Half Men dvd box setand mini-series celebrating the giants of American televisionBuffy The Vampire Slayer and the forthcoming airing of The Pacific, and I was astounded to see so many high-achiever boxsets in one place. I ended up coming away withTwo and a Half Men dvds both series of Carnivale, The Corner and Season One of Buffy dvds Six Feet Under (as well as an astonishingly cheap Planet of the Apes boxset), but in all honesty I could have, and probably will return to, cleared them out of every single DVD onBuffy The Vampire Slayer dvd box set display.

There areNCIS season dvd seldom few other TV buffy The vampire slayer dvd 1 7 companiesbuffy complete box set dvd who can claim even half of the success that HBO has dvd ncis sustained throughout their run- if you take for example just the list of miniseries that they have put out it is almost impossible to pick out any that were not ncis box set essential viewing. Aside from Band of Brothers and The Pacific, there NCIS dvd have been NCIS dvd eight real miniseries under the HBO banner: from 1988’s Tanner ‘88- which would still be the definitive political satire mockumentary were it not for In The Loop, through the absolutely peerless From the Earth to the Moonbuffy The vampire slayer all season (1998) to the exceptional TheNCIS season 7 Corner from 2000.

The only low disney dvdspoints in walt disney dvdsthat run for me NCIS dvd season have NCIS Complete seasons dvd been Dane Cook’s Tourgasm, simply becausedvd disney it is a little imposing, and crucially quite unforgivably features Dane Cook and 2003’s Angels in Americadisney movies on dvd. How, you might ask, can I qualify such an assertion whenwalt disney dvd box set Angels in America was one of the most critically acclaimed and award-winning TV productions of 2003, with multiple prestigiousbox set disney movies Golden Globe and Emmy wins under its belt? Well, personally- and I realise I will be in the minority- I find the series far too pretentious and posturing; it forces itself on the viewer, and doesnt cease until the final credits role. Admittedly, it features some remarkable acting performances, from Al Pacino and Jeffrey Wright most notably, and I do wish I could love it (I own it and watch it once a year religiously) but I cannot shake off thewalt disney movies dvd unbearable feeling that it is overbearing and insists upon itselfdisney movies dvd terribly.

Like Doubt- another play-to-screen House box set adaptation that I simply could not like- I fear Angels in America suffered in my eyes because of the lack of artistic economy or restraint that would have made it more than just a filmic version of the seminal play- I wanted more, but sadly all I saw in the mini-series was to quote another critic a long and arduous voyage, fraught with never-ending monologues, clichéd characters and a brutal lack of House dvdbrevity.

But, of course, it isHouse seasons the exceptions that prove House dvdsthe rule, and HBO have certainly kept them down to a minimum.

This got me to House seasons 1 5 thinking aboutHouse MD dvds the absolute bestHouse MD dvd HBO series or miniseries out there, and I can honestly say Ive never been charged with a more difficult endeavour. There are the inevitable contenders: One Tree Hill dvd releaseThe Sopranos is House MD season dvda behemoth of critical acclaim, as was Generation Kill, and True Blood is occupying a whole new realm of popularity thanks to it finding it feet in a ludicrous vampire-fetish time. But there is a veritable feast of options to be considered here, so I’ve come up with a list of contenders (minus Band of Brothers and The Pacific); most arentdvd one tree hill in any order, but the winner is definitely in the rightone tree hill box set place.

This is definitely not an exhaustiveOne Tree Hill dvd list- to attempt such a compilation would simply be too much, so excellent shows like Deadwood, Oz and Rome dont get a mention when they would be embarrassingly high on a list of another network’s best productions.one tree hill dvd season It is due to the strength of the few listed below that the restOne Tree Hill dvd season have had to be ignored.

Just stunning. The best looking Boston Legal DVDthing to one tree hill seasons 1 6come out of HBO ever- which made some of the few problems a lot more easy toBoston Legal dvd box set forgive. The storytelling on show is jam packed with panache, it is buy Boston Legal DVDconvoluted, curious, but fun, in a brave style not seen since Twin Peaks made everyone in the world really confused. Sadly, Carnivale was supposed to be six seasons long, but falling viewing figures during the second meant a huge drop in confidence- the initial key to such a strange concept getting air time- and the show was cancelled after just twenty fourBoston Legal dvd seasons episodes.Boston Legal DVD Seasons A true casualty of the itchy-trigger-finger generation of TV executives that haveBoston Legal seasons seen the end of personal favourites like The Black Donnellys and My Name is Earl.

Before DexterCharmed DVD and Dirty SexyCheap Boston Legal DVD Money, you would have been forgiven for blinking blankly at the names Michael C Hall and Peter Krause (though the latter was in a ridiculous amount of sitcoms early in his career, most notably Sports Week), were it not for the phenomenal dramedy that wasCharmed DVD box set Six Feet Under. The series about the Fisher boys’ LA funeral home is about as cool as they come, and achieved a raft of critical acclaim, especially for the performances of HallCharmed DVD Seasons and Krause (and the wider cast including a never better Freddy Rodriguez performance), which cemented them as two of the hottest properties in American television. Charmed DVD Box setThe writing too is tight and slick throughout, with the greatest DVD Charmed ending in HBO’s and any other channel’s history bar none- none of this fade to black for them. Charmed DVD 1-8AndCharmed DVD Set they certainly werent scared to mix it up- there was a lot of focus put on the series graphic depiction of sexuality, and regardless of the supposedly quite liberated environment of mainstream American culture having a homosexual relationship at its centre can still only be counted as ground-breaking- to have it viewed in the same light asMedium DVD heterosexual ones was even more so.

If you dont already own the 5 Medium dvds seasons, youre missing out- it is one of those series that Medium DVD Seasonswill have sustained success long after it has been gone, with the style and contentMedium DVD Box set to guarentee that it will age extraordinarily well.

I have had a difficult relationshipDVD Medium withMedium Seasons Thomas Jane for a while not. I hated him unreservedly, viewed himThe Apprentice DVD as a talentless Medium Box sethack actor, who looked too much like Christopher Lambert and thought acting consisted of whispering and narrowing his eyes while looking abit dirty. And even The Apprentice DVD box setworse,The Apprentice DVD Box Set he didnt even know I existed.The Apprentice Box Set Probably.

But then I saw Hung, DVD The Apprenticeon the backThe Apprentice Seasons of a lot of American critical love, and I was blown away. The L Word dvd box setJane isprison break dvd excellent as prison break dvdsthe lead- a penniless ne’er-do-well teacherThe Apprentice tv series who decides, spurred on by a positive thinking seminar thatThe L Word dvds teaches him to channel his natural gifts, to become a male prostitute to make ends meet. He has a massive cock you see. Hence the title. While the plot sounds The L Word dvd seasonsa lot like a thrown prison break dvd box setaway episode The L Word seasonsof Desperate Housewives, the writing is hip enough, and the characterisations strong enough to make sureThe L Word box set thatbuy prison break dvd HBO had their latest hit. The writing too is a lot less Sex &The L Word dvd The City and far more Six Feet Under,buy prison break dvd channelling the dark spirit of comedyprison break seasonsthat made that so deliciouslyprison break dvd seasons entertaining.